Monday, June 7, 2010

Avonworth Website

It was a normal day in computer class (me struggling to follow along, and Mari-chan trying her best to help me) When all the sudden, the teacher puts a sheet of paper in front of me. Lucky for me, it was written in some form of English "I think classmates hint need for high school website".
A hint? To get to Avonworth's website? Was that what he was trying to say?
Okay, I thought, and started to write some hints down in really poor Japanese.
First hint, it's a high school.
Second hint, "In the alphabet" I wrote "1, 22, 15, 14, 23, 15, 18, 20, 8" The letter of the alphabet corresponds to the number written.
Finally, the third hint, it's in PA.

They did find the website, and enjoyed looking at it. Although, I have to add, they were sorely disappointed we didn't have a Japanese version of our website. Some of them even wanted to try to "email" to it too.

2 comments:

  1. Fun hints! Nice way to share your school and community with your classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I think that a few students now on vacation would love to try to communicate with your classmates in Japanese at some point. I hope that they are following your blog during the summer!

    ReplyDelete