Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tadaima!!!

こんにちは!!!
Sorry I haven't written in forever. It's just that everything happened so fast (and I didn't have Internet access but that's a different story).

On March 22nd I met the other AFSers from the U.S. going to Japan. And on the 23rd we flew to Japan. The flight was about 14 hours and it was horrible. I couldn't sleep because the seats were so uncomfortable. Haha, I'm still tired.

March 25, AFS orientation, I took a Japanese public bath. It's not as bad as everyone thought it would be. Awkward, yes, if you make it awkward.

Anyhow, the ramen here is fantastic!!! Yesterday my family went out to eat and it was incredible! At home, おかあさん (okaasan) cooks. And it's true, the Japanese do eat rice with every meal. Interestingly enough, we usually don't drink anything during our meals, instead there is みそ汁 (misoshiru) or miso soup and we drink the broth.

Right now, my Japanese is horrible and I'm having a hard time communicating with my family, I hope it gets easier as the year goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment